I recently discovered Qlone (pronounce clone). It is an amazing tech tool for the classroom.
Have a look at this video tutorial on how to set it up:
How could you use it in the classroom?
- Saving pupils’ artwork such as sculptures.
- 3D manipulation: scan in objects, and challenge children to change colours and edit the appearance (exporting the scan to a program like Blender would work best).
- In a maths lesson, 3D shapes could be scanned, and children could label the properties.
- Scan and then change colours of well-known brands i.e. a Coca-Cola can… then discuss the effect.
- Combine with a 3D printer to make replicas of items.
- Use the AR View function, so you can beam your models back into the real world!
Have a go! Let me know how you get on 🙂