A clear path is the best way to success. Defined marketing strategies are essential for any brand, especially if it wants to be financially successful and reach its full potential.
It’s no longer just about having a website or being present on social media: To be successful, you need to implement a well-defined plan that allows you to distinguish among the myriad of options available to your customers.
Today, we’re going to help you to really improve your brand, standing out and outshining the competition. That’s why we’re giving you 5 powerful and effective marketing strategies that will make you rethink the way you do business. Ready? Off we go!
What steps should you take to properly promote your brand?
1. Visualize the goal from the beginning
Before you think about strategies, you need to be clear about what you want them to accomplish. Marketing has great reach when done with a goal in mind, so let’s first take a look at where you want to take your brand.
The most common goals for any project are:
- Attract more customers: these strategies should focus on increasing conversion rates and getting users to take a specific action (download an app, buy a product, subscribe to your newsletter, etc.)
- Recognize your brand: it’s about spreading and positioning your brand in the market. Branding is used to create impact with your target audience
- Loyalty to the target audience: it’s about keeping your customers happy and satisfied so that they choose your company for longer
- Market research: it’s like meeting friends before the big night. Many businesses decide to research the markets they want to target before launching a campaign. You can click here to learn more about how to conduct your own market research
Now that you know where you want to go, let’s find the resources to get started.
2. Build on user experience
Many people think that customer experience is the last step, but in reality you should start there. User experience (UX) refers to the user’s interaction with your product, system or service. So let’s turn the tables and look at marketing from that interaction.
Especially in the field of e-commerce it’s a great help. You can measure it by the reactions, perceptions and emotions of your customers. Some criteria that define it are:
- Ease of use
Nowadays, people want quick, easy and quality experiences to satisfy their needs. User experience design is the process you should use to increase user satisfaction when they use your products and services. Solve their needs efficiently and you will have them for life.
Also, within the UX process, there are 3 different areas related to the usability and navigation of your brand:
- Visual: what you see and what you feel when you interact with the final product. It includes aspects such as mood or entertainment level and works with the principles of balance and contrast of information, as well as color, shape and size of elements
- User research: needs and problems of customers, and all designs must be created and developed with a view to finding solutions to them
- Information compilation: structuring and labeling content to make it easily accessible to users
If you offer a product or service that’s right for the target audience from the start, advertising will go much more smoothly. If your brand is purely digital transactional and you want to get more out of the user experience, you can click here for ecommerce marketing strategies and dive much deeper.
3. Lead with high-quality product content
It’s about providing value to people and fostering a positive perception of your brand, which ultimately leads to attracting more people and increasing your sales margin. It’s about making sure your project isn’t solely focused on sales interest.
If you know where you want to go and consider the needs of your customers, let’s shape the means to reach them. Content creation is the perfect way to engage your audience and gain leads by developing valuable and relevant topics.
The best content is the one that’s valuable. People search every day to solve doubts, problems or needs, looking for something that will help them get what they want. That’s where the connection to what you’re offering comes from.
To optimize the reach of your products and the content you’re creating, it’s important that you work with an organic online positioning strategy through SEO. Nowadays, search engines are getting better at understanding people’s intentions when they seek for something.
It’s important that you not only optimize the technical and conceptual part of your content, but also make sure that the information you offer is really relevant to your customers.
One of the most important points is the users’ search intent. Research the keywords you want to develop and start from there.
4. Position yourself solidly in social networks
We’ve already talked about the design and creation of your content, now it’s time to promote it in the right places. With the right campaigns, it’s possible to permanently increase your reach and attract new customers on various social networks.
Each social network has its own rules for content and works according to its own logic. The rapid increase in the use of platforms like TikTok or BeReal makes it necessary to keep up with the main trends. As long as you don’t lose sight of all things to be considered for data privacy, knowing the most important rules will suffice to use them.
Keep in mind that not only are new apps and social networks emerging, but also those already firmly in the market are introducing new tools, such as Twitter Broadcasts or Instagram Reels.
Using social media marketing strategies can bring many benefits to your business:
- Increase brand awareness: giving your content the potential to achieve high visibility
- Generating leads: if you use a well-segmented strategy to reach your target audience, you can increase conversion rates and sales
- Foster good relationships with your customers: encouraging your customers and followers to interact and offer them advice, conduct surveys, discuss posts and answer all their questions
On social media many people catch up, see family photos, interact with friends, discuss the events of the day and, of course, follow the news of the brands they admire. Make the most of it.
5. Foster loyal relationships with email marketing
There’s no better way to promote your products or services than through emails. With such a strategy, you can inform your target audience, keep them informed about promotions and discounts, and retain their loyalty over time. With this tool you can:
- Build relationships with users: creating connections through personalized interactions
- Create brand awareness: by positioning your business as the first option for your potential customers when they’re ready to buy something
- Promote content: sharing relevant content from your website such as articles, videos, posters, or how-to guides
- Create sales opportunities: encouraging your subscribers to share personal information in exchange for content. Thanks to this mechanism, you can create many growing advantages
- Encourage loyalty: delighting users with content that allows them to meet their expectations
We all use email and more and more the same platforms like Gmail or Outlook leave a good place for marketing and advertising. Don’t miss the opportunity to capitalize on it.
Follow every step if you want your brand to take off
Put the resources we’ve given you into practice and you’ll get great results for your brand. Remember this:
- Define goals to guide your actions: set the parameters for what you want to achieve. Ask yourself what you’d in mind when you’d have the idea for your project
- Build your brand awareness on the experience of your users: your customers are the beginning and end of everything
- Create valuable content: it needs to relate to your brand, but more importantly, it needs to relate to your audience’s expectations. Create lasting bonds that go beyond the buying and selling process
- Dominate social networks with your presence: develop a strong and healthy strategy in relation to your goals
- Convert your sales into lasting relationships through email marketing: constant information is a very effective tool for customer retention
Most importantly, don’t lose sight of your target audience. They’re the ones who guide your strategy and tell you, directly or indirectly, if it’s the right one. Planning is necessary, but you must humanize the experience for both you and them.
Put these strategies into action and take your brand to the next level.
Guillermo is a Venezuelan SEO content writer currently living between Uruguay and Argentina. He is currently a head content writer for Skale. His articles have reached more than two million people across the Americas. He is a firm believer in love, dulce de leche and Kelly Clarkson.